+2 March 2015 $209 puts at $3.33
-4 March 2015 $206 puts at $2.34
Reasons for placing this trade:
- SPY was in the "overbought" region of the stochastics, so I was semi-bearish
- the $206 puts had a 63% probability of expiring OTM
- I received an initial credit of $1.35 ($270)
Here's the lesson:
- As long as SPY continues to rise and closes above $209 on 3/20 (expiration), I get to keep $270.
- If SPY drops anytime between 2/18 and 3/20, I have the opportunity to sell (to close) my two long puts ($209 strike), take my profits, leave the four short puts "naked" and hope that SPY closes above $206 on 3/20 (exp).
What actually happened:
- On 3/10/2015, my preset "sell-to-close" order for my two long puts ($209 strike) filled at $3.75. It was sort of unfortunate because SPY continued to drop.
- On 3/11, the $209 puts hit a high of $5.72, but I missed out because I had already sold my $209 puts.
- On 3/20/2015 (expiration), my preset "buy-to-close" order for my four short puts ($206 strike) filled at $0.01. Hurray!
- SPY closed at $210.41 on 3/20 (exp), so it's a GOOD thing I had sold (to close) my two long puts on 3/10 and captured an extra $726.
TOTAL NET PROFIT: $995.66
SELL put options and GET PAID immediately!
Learn on your own for FREE at my YouTube Channel or
Pay for 1-on-1 training (details here).